COVID-19 - We're here to help
Covid-19 Pandemic Update 27/10/2020
We are very Thankful for the support all our clients have given to us at Rent Villas Algarve and Portugal over the last few months. It has been an extremely difficult period, and although we have been delighted to welcome a few visitors to the Algarve this year, the constant change in travel restrictions has been frustrating for all involved.
We are regularly checking updates from the FCO Foreign-Commonwealth-Office or equivalent abroad, and their advice regarding safe travel.
Should current restrictions be lifted and safe travel declared, your holiday will be subject to our usual booking-conditions
We understand you may have concerns about travelling at the moment, and want to reassure all our clients that our main priority remains your well-being and safety during the Covid-19 Pandemic
If you have a future booking with us and should the FCO or equivalent recommend all but essential travel, we can discuss the possibility of a change of dates for your booking with the individual Villa/ Apartment owners. This would be entirely at their discretion and cannot be guaranteed. Should a change of dates not be possible, and/or you decide to cancel your holiday accommodation booked with us, we can assist by providing you with the necessary paperwork to reclaim your non-refundable deposit and/or balance payment via your travel insurance provider. If your travel insurance was taken out at the time of booking or before the 13th March and you have continued to make your payments for the holiday as per your booking confirmation, it is likely that any cancellations charges that have arisen as a result of FCO travel restrictions in place due to the covid-19 pandemic, will be covered by your provider. However, we advise that you check your policy to confirm.
Rest assured, we will do all we can to assist you should you be advised against travel.
If you are booking a future holiday with us, we advise that a comprehensive Travel Insurance, that includes cover for Covid-19, is purchased at the time you book your accommodation. Our usual booking conditions apply to all future bookings.
Due to the large number of bookings that were unable to go ahead this year being moved to future dates, many of our properties are already reserved for a large part of the 2021 season, therefore, we advise, if you have a specific property in mind for your next holiday, to reserve your dates early to avoid disappointment.
During your holiday in the Algarve, please see the below guidelines set out by the Portuguese government for all residents and visitors to Portugal when going out and about in your holiday resort.
- The official bathing season has now finished, which means that beaches are not monitored by lifeguards, however the below social distancing measures are still to be adhered to.
- Social distancing of 1.5m between people that are not of the same group.
- Maximum of 5 people per Umbrella
- Distancing of 3 meters between umbrellas for people of different groups.
- Sports of more than 2 people are not permitted.
- Restaurants can open and are able to host 50% of its usual occupancy, with a maximum of 5 people at any table.
- Masks must be worn by customers when entering the restaurant or visiting the restrooms. Whilst seated at the table, masks are not required
- Waiting staff are required to wear masks whilst serving clients.
- Tables should be arranged to provide an adequate distance between diners
- Dining on exterior terraces is encouraged.
- Alcohol cannot be sold in any establishments after 20.00hrs unless it is to accompany food.
Condominium shared swimming pools
- A physical distance of 3 meters is recommended between people who are not of the same group.
- The use of sunbeds/chairs has been reduced to half the normal capacity
- Footwear must be used in outdoor showers and when walking around the pool area.
- The use of masks is recommended when walking to and from the pool area.
- Equipment including Inflatable beds, balls etc is prohibited
Shops/ supermarkets/ Public spaces
- From October 2020, masks must be worn in all public spaces, where social distancing is not possible.
- Shopping centres, supermarkets and shops are open with a reduced capacity depending on the size of the store, this may be regulated by a member of staff at the shop entrance, where alcohol gel is provided for your use.
- It is prohibited to sell alcohol in supermarkets/shops after 20.00hrs
In your rental accommodation
Be assured that all our team have received additional training regarding the preparation of the properties for your health and safety while you are here on your holiday.