COVID-19 - We are here to help
Covid-19 Pandemic Update 02/12/2021
We are very Thankful for the support all our clients and property owners have given to us at Rent Villas Algarve and Portugal over the last months. It has been an extremely difficult period, and although we have been delighted to welcome many visitors, both old and new, the constant change in travel restrictions has been frustrating for all involved.
On the 1st of December 2021, Portugal re-entered a state of calamity and the Portuguese prime minister, Antonio Costa, informed the country of the revised measures that were being introduced for the welfare of all nationals and visitors.
• Negative Covid test result mandatory for all passengers (including Portuguese nationals) entering Portugal by air, land, rail, or sea
• Facemask's mandatory in all enclosed public spaces.
• Digital Covid vaccination certificate or negative covid test result mandatory to enter
- Events with marked seats
- Hotels or tourist accommodation
• Negative covid test result (despite vaccination status) mandatory to enter
- Large events with unmarked seats
- Visits to Nursing homes and Hospital patients
• Between 2nd and 9th January 2022, nightclubs and schools will be closed
For current advice regarding international travel, we advise that you check the updates on the FCO website Foreign-Commonwealth-Office or equivalent abroad.
You can also check our regularly updated information on Travelling to Portugal - updated requirements - Rent Villas Algarve
Whilst International travel is allowed, your holiday will be subject to our usual booking-conditions
We understand you may have concerns about travelling at the moment and want to reassure all our clients that our main priority remains your well-being and safety during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, back in March 2020, we have dealt with each of our clients on an individual basis, liaising between them and the property owner to reach a satisfactory conclusion for all involved. During 2020, whilst some clients did travel, for the vast majority of bookings, we were able to agree a change of dates to 2021 or in some circumstances a credit note. Clients that decided to cancel the booking and seek refunds from their travel insurance providers were provided the necessary cancellation paperwork. 2021 was a much more positive year and we were very happy to welcome most of our clients, with just a handful changing dates to next year or receiving a credit note.
As a named agent for the property owner, Rent Villas Algarve, on receipt of payment, sends this to the property owner to confirm the booking, hence no longer having the funds to be able to offer any refunds of payments received.
If you have already made a future booking with us and should FCO travel restrictions be in place at the time your final balance payment is due (10 weeks before your stay), we can defer your payment due date to 6 weeks before your stay.
If travel restrictions remain in place at the time your revised final balance payment is due (6 weeks before your stay) the following three options will be made available.
1) You will be given the option to pay your final balance payment and go ahead with your holiday as planned, travelling with FCO restrictions in place. This would need to be confirmed in writing by you, at which time you are waiving the option of a change of dates or credit voucher.
2) You will be given the option to cancel your booking and rebook the same property for confirmed later dates. All payments made so far will be transferred to your new booking. Please note - An additional payment may be required at this stage.
3) You will be given the option of taking a Credit Voucher for the full value of payments received to date, valid until the end of 2022. Credit vouchers are for use in the same property on an alternative date, subject to availability. The price for your booking will be calculated at the confirmed rate for those dates at the time the voucher is redeemed.
Please note, the above 6 week time period has been set to allow us enough time, should you decide not to travel for your original holiday dates, to resell your holiday dates to clients travelling from another country where restrictions might not be in place.
For all future bookings of holiday accommodation with us, we advise that a comprehensive Travel Insurance policy, that includes relevant cover for Covid-19, is purchased at the time you book your accommodation.
Your rental accommodation - Be assured that all our team have received additional training regarding the preparation of the properties for your health and safety while you are here on your holiday. The deep cleaning/ disinfection protocols will place additional stresses on cleaning schedules, and therefore these may vary from advertised.